brand name of drug

Arcala & Zwerin, Attorneys at Law

Immigration Lawyers based in Seattle, WA

I am an American citizen who wants to marry someone who is from another country, what are my options?

This depends on whether that person is in the U.S. now or if he or she is still in his or her own country. If he or she is out of the country and you are engaged, you can bring this person over as fiancée and then apply for your fiancée’s green card.

If you married the foreign national in his or her home country, you may then file for an immigrant visa for the foreign national spouse, but they must wait in their home country for a visa to come current. In this case, it is possible for you to file a temporary visa that will allow the foreign spouse to come to the United States and wait for the immigrant visa to become available.

Finally, if that person is already here in the United States and you marry him or her here, it may be possible to apply for a green card.